samedi 3 mai 2014

"Welcome to Burlesque"

Last  January, I discover the musical "Burlesque" which had been directed by Steven Antin in 2010. The two leading actress in this film are Christina Aguilera and Cher, two very famous American singers. In my opinion, this musical is one of the best I never see !
The story is about Ali Rose, who is a small town waitress with a particularly strong voice. To escape poverty and realize her dream, she goes to Los Angeles. When she arrived and tried to find a job as a dancer or singer she discovered the Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater. She finds thanks to the bartender Jack her first work as a waitress but she want more : to be on stage ... I won't tell you the rest of the story because, I don't want to spoil... I really hope that you will see this musical!
Why did I like it ? In this film, the choreography is very well staged and the whole thing is very aesthetic. The songs of Christina Aguilera and Cher are beautiful and the two ladies are able to make incredible vocal performances. The best songs of the movie are definitely "I'm A Good Girl" (Christina A.) and "Express" (Christina A.). I love musicals and this movie reminds me of the movie "Moulin Rouge" with Nicole Kidman and Evan McGregor. Moreover, through "Burlesque" I realized how much Christina and Cher are talented : besides being able to sing they can act. The two singer were out of their comfort zone and the cabaret genre was perfect of them.

How did I discover this musical ? Since I move in Graz, I tak dance classes (jazz dance) and last December the teacher taught us a choreography for a song from "Burlesque", namely "Express". Thanks to this course I learn a fabulous choreography.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire